Doctors, today I want to share with you 3 ways that you’re making your team less productive.
1. The first way you’re making your team less productive is not leading by example.
• If you are wanting to implement a new huddle or you’re trying to revamp your huddle
• And you’re showing up late
• That’s sending a message to your team that it really isn’t that important
If you want your team to be as productive as possible, lead by your example.
2. The second way you’re making your team less productive is you’re not setting clear expectations.
I call that magical thinking. Sometimes you think that people know what you want or what you want the outcome or result to be, but you really need to be specific.
You need to set clear expectations of:
• What you want done
• How you want it done
• And what you want the end result to be
It’s so important that it’s clear. Your team wants to do a good job. They want to be successful. And you setting a clear expectation will give them the tools to do that.
3. The third way you might be making your team less productive is that you don’t have a system for accountability.
And this is tough! You’re busy, you’re seeing patients all day and you’re the business owner. So you have a lot on your plate.
My tip for that is:
• Put a system in place so you can follow up with team members, so they know when you ask them to do something that you expect it to be completed
• It could be as simple as making a note on your calendar to follow up in a week or
• Ask the team member to report back to you in a week
Being aware of these three things that make your team less productive can set you up for success, doctors! And putting them in place will allow you to build even more confidence in your team.