Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of June 26, 2017
The news of the week includes the American Dental Association, Dental Engineering Laboratories, Ultradent Products, 3Shape and the EPA.
1. In an effort to connect their member dentists with new patients, the American Dental Association is launching a national digital advertising campaign on July 10th. If you are a member, make sure your profile on findadentist.ada.org is up to date. They are anticipating more than 770,000 visits to the website.
2. Dental Engineering Laboratories in Santa Barbara, California began marketing a variety of TrueJaw 3-D Printed Surgical Training Replicas. These training aids are designed for use in implant placement training and Endodontic procedure training. www.dentalengineeringlab.com
3. Ultradent Products Inc. in South Jordan, Utah expanded its line of Unicore products with the introduction of Unicore Accessory Posts. UniCore Accessory Posts were created to be placed in the root canal alongside a master post, for better adaptation in the case of flared and oval canals.
4. 3Shape in Denmark is updating its TRIOS intraoral Scanner so STL digital impression files may be directly exported from the Dental Desktop dashboard program. This update is expected during the 4th quarter of 2017.
5. The EPA rule requiring all dental practices to install amalgam separators was on, then off, is now on again. The final rule, will be effective July 14, 2017, and the compliance date for most dentists is July 14, 2020.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.