Show your work in Dentaltown!
If you’ve got a case you think might be a great study for Show Your Work, email editor Sam Mittelsteadt: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include a sentence that sums up why the case is so special to you, to help us review and select the best contenders for publication.
1. Izgi AD, Ayna E. Direct Restorative treatment of peg-shaped
maxillary lateral incisors with resin composite: A clinical
report. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, Volume 93, Issue 6,
2. Bello A, Jarvis RH. A review of esthetic alternatives for the
restoration of anterior teeth. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry,
Volume 78, Issue 5, 437-440.
3. Kinzer GA, Kokich VO Jr. Managing Congenitally Missing
Lateral Incisors Part 1: Canine Substitution. J Esthet Restor
Dent. 2005; 17(1):5-10.
4. Bukhary SMN, Gill DS, Tredwin CJ, Moles DR. The influence
of varying lateral incisor dimensions on perceived smile
aesthetics. BDL online. 203(12):687-93.
5. Silva LH, Lima E, Miranda RBP, Favero SS, Lohbauer
U, Cesar PF. Dental ceramics: a review of new materials
and processing methods. Braz Oral Res. 2017;31 (supple
6. iTero Element 5D User Manual. 2020 Align Technology Inc.
7. Russotto F et al., Clinical evaluation of near-infrared transillumination
(NIRT) as an interproximal caries detection tool
in a large sample of patients in a private practice. J Radiol
Imaging. 2016, 1(1):1-5
8. Maia AMA, Karlsson L, Margulis W, Gomes ASL. Evaluation
of two imaging techniques: near-infrared transillumination
and dental radiographs for the detection of early
approximal and enamel caries. Dentomaxillofac Radiol.
2011 Oct; 40(7): 429-433.
9. Watanbe M. Minimally invasive veneer restoration with
ceramic restorative material. DentalEconomics.com 2016
10. Ewoldsen N. Go Beyond Conventional Composites In Restorative
Dentistry. DentalProductsReport.com 2017 Apr: 74-78.
11. Gamborgi GP, Loguerico A, Reis A. Influence of enamel
border and regional variability on durability of resin-dentin
bonds. J Dent. 2007; 35(5): 371-376.
12. Wright J, Bosio J, Chou JC, Jiang SS. Maxillary lateral incisor
agenesis and its relationship to overall tooth size. Journal
of Prosthetic Dentistry, Volume 115, Issue 2, 209-214.
13. Larson TD, Douglas WH, Geistfeld RE. Effect of prepared
cavities on the strength of teeth. Oper Dent. 1981; 6(1):2-5.
Hemali Ajmera, DDS, FACD, practices general dentistry at Ajmera Dental Studio with a focus on cosmetic dentistry and comprehensive care. She is a graduate of the seven-year accelerated BA–DDS program at New York University College of Dentistry and a member of Catapult Education and the American Dental Association. She gives back to the community by creating platforms for education and by partaking in philanthropic causes in her previous role as past new dentist chairwoman of the New York State Dental Association and now as a fellow of the American College of Dentists.