2017 is approaching fast. Now is the time for a Risk Management Evaluation. Below is a list of items that every practice owner should review before the end of the year.
1. Prepare a new comprehensive employee manual (including a social media policy, cell phone and Internet policy), which also includes new overtime regulations.
2. Prepare a new employee package [documents for applications, credit screens, etc...], including employee evaluation and interim employee evaluations.
3. Prepare an up to date HIPAA (including new forms) and OSHA manual.
4. Non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreement signed by every employee [and a non-compete signed by key employee, associates and independent contractors]
5. Website and social media disclaimers/privacy terms.
6. Intellectual Property (IP) protection (protect your name, logos, slogans) (trademark/service marks filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office].
7. Assignment of website design as to your practice Intellectual Property [from your web designer to you].
8. Estate Planning (Wills, trusts, etc...)