Are you working with a dental marketing, dental SEO, or dental web design agency who's providing you with a "content library" to use on your website?
Not so fast!
That "content library" may actually be hurting your site's SEO efforts and keeping you from attracting new patients.
Try this easy test:
This video below shows you how common duplicate content is on dental websites today and how easy it is to find it.
• Copy a few sentences of text from your website. Ideally a paragraph or so about a service you offer.
• Search on Google for the text you copied. Put quotation marks around the text to return only exact matches.
Are you seeing the same exact sentences on other sites? Your site might be suffering from duplicate content. It might even be what's keeping you from ranking #1 in Google.
You found duplicate content... Now what?
Fortunately, fixing duplicate content isn't that challenging, but it IS time-consuming. You MUST rewrite the affected pages to include 100% original copy that isn't being used by other dentists. Yes, this will take time but your search rankings will improve. Additionally, your site will not only rank higher, but the visitors to your site will get a better sense of who you are and what sets your practice apart from the competition.
Your original content should be:
1. Well-organized and written using carefully researched keywords.
2. Focused on your unique value adds. Things like spa amenities, sedation dentistry, in-office savings plans, etc.
3. Designed to compel visitors to take action. Use language like, "Make an Appointment", "Book Your Consult", or "Schedule Today."
That's all there is to ridding your site of the duplicate content that's hurting your SEO!