Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of October 10, 2016
The news of the week includes 3M, Komet USA, Breathometer, Dental Team Performance, Inc. and 3D Systems Inc.
1. 3M has just announced the Mobile True Definition Scanner, a one-of-a-kind tablet based intraoral scanner that fits in your hand. The compact, ergonomic design allows clinicians to move freely between operatories without power cords or carts. New users can unbox and begin scanning in less than an hour.
2. Komet USA’s newly launched, innovative Deep Purple™ diamonds are designed for fast, effective substance removal. These diamonds feature uniformly sized, extra-coarse diamond grains embedded at the optimal depth for effective, rapid, reliable performance.
3. Dental Team Performance, Inc., a practice performance consulting firm, announces the launch of franchise opportunities. Founder and CEO, John Cotton, said “DTP is seeking the best candidates for exclusive territories designed for each franchisee.” Visit their website www.whydtp.com for more details.
4. Breathometer in Burlingame, California began marketing Mint, a new device and software that measures volatile sulfur compounds. These substances are produced by anaerobic bacteria and are indicators of bad breath and periodontal disease. The device retails for $99.99 on the firm’s website, www.breathometer.com.
5. 3D Systems Inc. in Rock Hill, South Carolina launched the Jaw in a Day program made possible through its Virtual Surgical Planning Reconstruction product line. This new service will allow oral surgeons to complete a full jaw reconstruction in one patient visit.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.