In the last few months, we have received substantially similar questions regarding "MUST HAVE" practice items in order to avoid the violation of state or federal law.
In addition, we have addressed many of the same questions regarding employee non-disclosure agreements, protection of patient lists, and how to protect the actual name of a practice.
As a result, below is a checklist of items that EVERY PRACTICE MUST be aware of, have, and implement in order to limit its liability exposure.
Items to Review and Prepare
- Your employee manual
- Your new employee package (see below list)
- A general review of your OSHA standards [new manual with 2015 updates]
- Non-disclosure and noon-solicitation signed by every employee [and a non-compete signed by key employees]
- Website disclaimers/privacy terms
- Intellectual Property (IP) protection (protect your name, logos, slogans) [trademark/service marks filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office]
- Assignment of website design as to IP [from your web designer to you].
- [Approximately] 22 New HIPAA Manual/Risk Analysis
NEW EMPLOYEE CHECKLIST
- Application for Employment
- Substance Abuse Policy and Procedure Manual
- Notification and Authorization Form for Employment Investigative/Consumer/Credit Report
- Criminal History Record Information Consent Form
- Background Check Authorization and Release Form
- Employee Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Employment Reference Check
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9
- IRS Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate Form W-4
- Withholding Allowance Form
- IRS Wage and Tax Statement Form W-2
If you have any questions regarding the items listed above, or the actual preparation of the items listed above, please feel free to call us.
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq. handles a wide range of legal issues for the dental profession, including: employment law, cyber security breaches, practice sales, real estate transactions, lease agreements, OSHA compliance, dental board complaints, and professional corporations.
Additionally, Mr. Oberman is proud to be a featured speaker for the Directory of Dental Speakers (DDS).
For questions or comments regarding this article, please call (770) 554-1400 or visit www.obermanlaw.com
If you would like Stuart J. Oberman, Esq. to speak at an event, please contact Arielle Horner, Marketing Coordinator (email@example.com).