The Truth About Work / Life Balance with Audie Cashion
Balancing work and life can be extremely difficult, especially if you’ve got what seems like a million things going on at once. But thankfully, I know just the person who can help dentists like you find the perfect balance between life and work and that’s none other than business consultant and certified ONE Thing Trainer and Work/Life Balance Coach, Audie Cashion.
Everyone tells you, you can have it all! Yet few can show you how to get there. Audie has a diverse business and time management background with 31 years’ experience in international consulting, coaching, real estate investing and brokerage. He earned a BA in Economics from UNC Chapel Hill and currently lives in Charlotte, NC, with his wife and two daughters.
In his free time, he enjoys mountain bike riding, facilitating men’s growth groups, and speaking on Peace & Purpose through his educational non-profit, the World Peace Center.
On the podcast we discussed…
- The heart-breaking and inspirational story that influenced Audie’s career path
- The truth of the dentistry profession and why it’s often glorified online
- How to create a work/life balance that works for you
- Managing chronic stress levels in dentistry
- Understanding that you’ve got to take care of yourself before you can take care of your patients
- Most common stress triggers and challenges that dental practitioners face
- The role of vulnerability-based trust between team members and the importance of supporting each other through difficult times
- How doctors can get over the mindset that they are alone and why it’s so important to be open and honest with people to get the support you need
- Why you need to eliminate the pressures that lead to burnout
- How to increase team engagement without increasing your stress
- The importance of self-care in managing stress
- Advice for Counter balancing your work/life stress
Does work/life balance seem to allude you or simply feel impossible to attain?
Recent surveys by the American Dental Association, North Carolina Dental Society and Georgia Dental Association found that dentists are stressed by balancing the many components of a dental practice with life and relationships, both professionally and personally.
In this workshop, you can learn to use simple principles to not only lower that stress but also increase your productivity at the same time. Specific topics in this session include: Make the 80/20 Principle Work for You, Eliminate the Pressures that Lead to Burnout, and Increase Team Engagement without Increasing Your Stress.
To watch a video trailer of the episode where Audie explains how to counterbalance your work/life stress, hit play below: