Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of February 13, 2017
The news of the week includes Carestream Dental, 3M’s Incognito Orthodontic appliance system, CareDash, Dentrix, Easy Dental, CareCredit, Heraeus Kulzer, Kerr Endodontics and Biolase.
1. Carestream Dental in Atlanta, Georgia had its CS 3600 intraoral scanner approved for use with 3M’s Incognito Orthodontic appliance system. Validation included research showing that the data sets from Carestream’s scanner can be used for custom bracket creation.
2. It’s another dentist review site. CareDash in Cambridge, Massachusetts received $2 million in a private financing. It’s $1 million in debt financing and a $1 million credit line. The site provides reviews of dentists and physicians.
3. Dentrix and Easy Dental are getting CareCredit baked in. CareCredit, Costa Mesa, California-based subsidiary of Synchrony Financial, signed a new multi-year agreement with Henry Schein Financial Services LLC to provide patient financing and other integrated products with Henry Schein’s practice management software programs.
4. Heraeus Kulzer LLC in South Bend, Indiana introduced the Arctic Digital Denture tooth line that includes 11 anterior and 6 posterior molds. These denture teeth may be used with any traditional denture set up but are especially designed for use with Kulzer’s My Digital Denture system.
5. Kerr Endodontics, Orange, California-based operating group of Kerr Corporation, began marketing the Endovac Pure Irrigation System. This endodontic system uses pre-filled irrigation cartridges and a single handheld controller.
6. Biolase Inc. in Irvine, California launched the Epic Pro Dental Laser that was developed in conjunction with IPG Medical Corporation in Oxford, Massachusetts. Automatic power control, super thermal pulse and smart tip technology are among the advertised features.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.