130 - Finding Your Happiness with Dr Emily Stopper
We’ve got a truly inspirational episode of the podcast for you this week that investigates how you can save more lives with sleep apnea while also exploring ways in which dentists like YOU can build your dream dental practice.
I’m happy to introduce you to my special guest, Dr. Emily Stopper, who has practiced dentistry for over 11 years. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2007 and is dedicated to maintaining a high level of knowledge and skill in the ever-changing field of dentistry.
Dr. Stopper is especially passionate about helping patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. In her pursuit to help improve patients’ lives, she also teaches other dentists how to successfully implement sleep apnea treatment in their practices.
Dr. Stopper is the founder of The Happy Dentist where she mentors and coaches dentists to help them achieve their own personal and clinical goals. Dr. Stopper has written countless articles that have been featured in Dental Economics and The Profitable Dentist. She is a founding member of The DDSO Alliance along with Dr. Brady Frank.
Emily lives in the North Carolina mountains with her husband, Jason, and their three children. In her spare time, she enjoys travelling, spending time with her family and going to the beach every chance she gets.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Emily’s story from graduating from dental school, joining her father’s practice and building her career as a mentor for other dentists
- Emily shares a moving and emotional story about the loss of her son and how it changed her life
- How Emily got introduced to sleep apnea and discovered how common it is (one out of five people have sleep apnea)
- How dentists can help save the lives of patients with sleep apnea
- Common sleep apnea symptoms a dentist can look out for when treating patients
- The importance of getting the whole team involved
- Emily’s recommended devices and approach of helping patients with sleep apnea
- Finding work/life balance as a female dentist concerning things like motherhood and maternity leave etc.
- How to choose the best dental practice to buy and invest in
If you would like to get in touch with Emily, you can email her at email@example.com and join The Happy Dentist Facebook group, where you can share tips and tricks with other dentists and socialize with like-minded people in a positive environment.
To watch a short video trailer of the episode hit play below:
This post originally appeared on DeliveringWOW.com