Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of September 19, 2016
The news of the week includes Creighton University, Flossolution LLC, Sikka Software Corporation, Ultradent Products Inc., Young Innovations and Personable Inc.
1. Creighton University recently broke ground on a brand new home for its School of Dentistry. The 200,000 square foot facility is expected to be completed by July 2018.
2. Flossolution LLC in Orlando, Florida began distributing its product line through the US retailer Best Buy. The company’s products employ ultrasonic technology to both brush and floss teeth.
3. Sikka Software Corporation in San Jose, California released a new free software application called The Practice Mobilizer. This app allows dentists synchronizing data with Sikka, to check on practice metrics throughout the day as well as communicate by HIPAA compliant methods.
4. Ultradent Products Inc. expanded its VALO line of curing lights with the introduction of the VALO Grand curing light. This cordless light uses LEDs to generate light in the 395nm to 480nm range.
5. Young Innovations in Earth City, Missouri released a new line of prophy paste that was developed in a partnership with Wrigley. The tubs of paste are clearly labeled Orbit, the same name and logo used on Wrigley’s sugar-free chewing gum. The product is available in Bubblemint, Spearmint & Peppermint flavors.
6. Personable Inc. in Fountain Valley, California introduced a Dentrix-version of its ScanWriter software. This allows Dentrix users to connect with accounting software. This software retails for around $4000 and requires a $299 per month maintenance fee.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.