Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of May 8, 2017
The news of the week includes Sikka Software, Dental Lace, CONFADENT Oral Technology, Medici and Premier Dental Products.
1. Sikka Software in San Jose, California conducted a survey of 12,500 dental practices in the US. The data indicate that the dentist net production per hour in 2016 is $216.24. This is 14% below the net production per hour in 2010 which averaged $251.31. www.sikkasoft.com
2. Dental Lace Inc. in Cape Elizabeth, Maine introduced Dental Lace which provides 100 feet of Chinese-made silk dental floss in a reusable glass container. www.dentallace.com
3. CONFADENT Oral Technology in Denver, Colorado launched CONFADENT chewing gum that was designed to help reduce bacteria that cause plaque and gingivitis. In addition, the product whitens an individual’s teeth. A sleeve of 8 pieces of gum are available on the firm’s website for $3.95. www.confadent.com
4. Medici in Austin, Texas released a new HIPAA-compliant messaging app that allows dentists, physicians and other medical providers to communicate with patients via text or video. The product is available in all 50 states in the US. www.medici.md
5. Premier Dental Products Company in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania introduced BioCoat, a new resin pit and fissure sealant that employs the firm’s patented SmartCap Technology.
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.