Edited by Dentaltown staff
ROCKVILLE, Md.—DrFirst, a market leader in e-prescribing and medication management solutions, has introduced iPrescribe, a mobile medication management app for prescribers that offers comprehensive e-prescribing functionality and ease-of-use. iPrescribe brings together all the tools dentists require to securely write prescriptions for legend and controlled medications, while having access to their patients’ complete medication history.
According to a study from the American Dental Association, dentists are the source of 12 percent of prescriptions for fast-acting opioid pain relievers. With more than 90 Americans dying each day after overdosing on opioids, e-prescribing is an essential tool in the fight against misuse or abuse of these drugs. iPrescribe’s prescriber-centric design gives a fast and intuitive user interface to deliver an optimal experience. Features for iPrescribe now include:
• E-prescribing for both legend drugs and controlled substance using a two-step hard-token authentication.
• Access to up to 24 months of patient medication history.
• Ability to rapidly obtain patient-specific formulary and co-pay information.
• Smart technology that displays commonly prescribed medications with complete prescription data based on the patient, diagnosis codes and prescribing behaviors.
• Secure messaging through Backline with patients and the care team.
• Integration with state Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) databases, in states where permitted, giving dentists additional resources to address the nation’s opioid crisis as part of the prescribing workflow.
“We designed iPrescribe to work seamlessly on any mobile device and enable dentists to confidently access all the tools and information needed to provide optimal care, regardless of their location,” said G. Cameron Deemer, president of DrFirst. “iPrescribe brings back the convenience of the traditional prescribing pad while empowering dentists to manage prescriptions safely and efficiently.”
The iPrescribe app can be downloaded in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. For more information, visit drfirst.com/products/iprescribe.