This electronically delivered self-instructional program is designated for 2 hours of CE credit by Farran Media.
AGD Code: 610.
The fee to view this course is $36. This cost includes the fee to take the exam and claim your CE credits.
This course is a comprehensive overview of the minimally invasive management of missing teeth. It is composed almost entirely of clinical examples and case reports to provide practitioners with an evidence-based update in the following subject areas:
• Prevalence and aetiology of tooth loss
• Discussion of the potential ‘biological cost’ of replacing missing teeth
• Case selection for the replacement of missing teeth
• An overview of the management options for patients with missing teeth
• A grisly description of the potential complications of traditional techniques for tooth replacement!
• An outline of the potential benefits of cantilever and fixed/movable bridge designs
• A detailed description of contemporary metal-ceramic resin-bonded bridgework (including advantages and disadvantages)
• Step-by-step practical guidance on optimization of all clinical stages in metal-ceramic resin-bonded bridge procedures
• Practical guidance on the use of fiber-reinforced composite resin-bonded bridges using step-by-step clinical examples
• Practical guidance on the use of resin-bonded bridges made entirely from ceramic
Description of Speaker:
Louis Mackenzie is a general dental practitioner in Birmingham, England and is a part-time clinical lecturer at the University of Birmingham School of dentistry. He lectures nationally and internationally on direct and indirect restorative techniques and minimum intervention dentistry. He designs and manages content for a number of distance-learning MSc programs, and runs a series of popular ‘hands- on’ courses.
He was awarded the 2009 University of Birmingham School of dentistry award for teaching excellence.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to achieve the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of the prevalence, aetiology and biological impact of tooth loss
- Diagnose clinical situations where replacement of missing teeth is appropriate
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of a comprehensive range of management options for missing teeth
- Understand the evidence-based advantages and disadvantages of metal-ceramic resin-bonded bridgework
- Optimise all clinical stages of metal-ceramic resin-bonded bridgework including: Patient assessment, design, material and equipment selection, operative techniques, impression-taking, cementation and monitoring
- Demonstrate understanding of the design and clinical stages recommended for provision of resin-bonded bridges fabricated from fibre-reinforced composite and from ceramic
Disclosure: The author declares that neither he nor any member of his family have a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing education program.
Farran Media is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association
to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not
approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards
of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at
Farran Media is a nationally approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2022.
Provider ID# 304396
This activity meets the educational criteria required for verifiable Continuing Professional Development under the General Dental Council Lifelong Learning scheme and represents 2 hours of verifiable CPD.
The CE provider (Farran Media) uses reasonable care in selecting and
providing content that is accurate. The CE provider, however, does not
independently verify the content or materials. The CE provider does not
represent that the instructional materials are error-free or that the content
or materials are comprehensive. Any opinions expressed in the materials are
those of the author of the materials and not the CE provider. Completing one or
more continuing education courses does not provide sufficient information to
qualify the participant as an expert in the field related to the course topic
or in any specific technique or procedure. The instructional materials are
intended to supplement, but are not a substitute for, the knowledge, expertise,
skill and judgment of a trained health care professional.
Continuing education credits issued for completion of online CE courses may not apply toward
license renewal in all licensing jurisdictions. It is the responsibility of each registrant
to verify the CE requirements of his/her licensing or regulatory agency.
State CE Requirements:
for CE requirements by state. Please note that this information is current as of the time of listing. This information is subject to change at any time from the state boards. For the most up-to-date information, please contact your state board directly.
There are no refunds for Online CE courses. Please contact technical support if you run into technical difficulty.
For any questions, please contact Howard Goldstein, DMD, Director of Continuing Education