Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of September 10, 2017
The news of the week includes Orascoptic, Planmeca, ContacEZ, Henry Schein Dental, Patterson Dental, 3Shape, Align Technology, and Reinvent Dental Products
1. Orascoptic, in Middleton, Wisconsin, launched OmniOptic, an interchangeable magnification loupe that allows the clinician to select the optimal magnification power for each procedure. www.orascoptic.com
2. Planmeca, in Rosedale, Illinois, introduced the new Planmeca ProMax 3D LE, a 2D and 3D imaging system that uses Planmeca Romexis imaging software. www.planmecausa.com
3. ContacEZ, in Vancouver, Washington, launched PrepSure crown prep instruments, which monitor and confirm the creation of adequate buccal, lingual, gingival, and occlusal clearance during crown preparation. www.contacez.com
4. Henry Schein Dental, in Melville, New York, entered an agreement with CAEK Inc, in Reno, Nevada for CAEK’s HIPAA software, LayerCompliance.www.henryschein.com
5. Patterson Dental, in St. Paul, Minnesota, didn’t waste any time mourning the loss of their CEREC exclusive. They have signed agreements to distribute 3Shape’s TRIOS 3D intraoral scanner and Align Tecnologies’ Element intraoral scanner. Both agreements became effective this month.
6. Reinvent Dental Products, in Spring Lake, Michigan, launched its flagship product, the NiTin Sectional Matrix System, used primarily for Class II posterior composite restorations. www.reinventdental.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.