Edited by Dentaltown staff
Townie News Wire: Week of June 12, 2017
The news of the week includes Summit Medical Inc., HealthGrades, Align Technology Inc., the Colgate-Palmolive Company and Dental Relief Partners.
1. Summit Medical Inc. in St. Paul, Minnesota commercialized the Minnie Ties Agile MMF to evenly fix the jaw in place after surgery. This technique, licensed from the University of Minnesota, replaces fixed wiring of broken bones surrounding the oral cavity. Summit is owned by Shore Capital Partners.
2. HealthGrades in Denver, Colorado formed a partnership with Doctor.com in New York, New York. Patients will now be able to make dental appointments online with over 200,000 dentists listed on these 2 sites. In addition, participating dentists will be able to view patients’ surveys among other features. www.doctor.com www.healthgrades.com
3. Align Technology Inc. in San Jose, California released version 1.5 its iTero Element intraoral scanner software. This provides a new TimeLapse program that compares patient scans over time. In addition, patient scans may now be completed in as little as 1 minute. www.aligntech.com
4. Colgate-Palmolive Company in New York, New York expanded its Colgate Total brand of toothpaste with the introduction of Colgate Total Clean-In-Between toothpaste. The product causes micro-foaming, which cleanses in between teeth. www.colgate.com
5. Dental Relief Partners in Tampa, Florida began marketing Shoo Goo™ Soothing Gel for Teeth & Gums. This all-natural product can be used by people of all ages to relieve oral pain. More information may be found at www.buyshoogoo.com
Use the 'comment' button to join the discussion.