This electronically delivered self-instructional program is designated for 2 hours of CE credit by Farran Media.
AGD Code: 695.
The fee to view this course is $36. This cost includes the fee to take the exam and claim your CE credits.
In this presentation Dr. MacLean will address the following questions:
• What are the choices for restoring an implant with a single crown?
• How can you plan the surgery to maximize your choices?
• Understanding prosthetic space for implant prosthetics.
• What are the issues to consider when choosing the implant restoration?
• Should you chooses cement or screw retained options?
• Should all implant crowns and abutments be customized?
• When cementing implant crowns, what are the critical design features of the abutment?
• Does zirconia work well as an implant crown abutment or crown substructure?
• How to communicate with the dental lab technician regarding your possible implant prosthetic choices?
• What should the occlusion pattern be on a single implant supported crown?
Description of Speaker:
Dr. Scott MacLean is a graduate of Dalhousie Dental School Class of 1991. Dr. MacLean has a keen interest in providing all types of dentistry to his patients including implants, orthodontics, and general dentistry. He currently lectures internationally at dental conventions on the topic of dental implants, crown and bridge, and dental technology such as laser use. He also has published a monthly "Internet for Dentists" article in the Canadian Dental Association's Journal (JCDA). Dr. Scott teaches dental implants at the Dalhousie Dental School.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to achieve the following:
- What are the choices for restoring an implant with a single crown?
- How can you plan the surgery to maximize your choices?
- Understanding prosthetic space for implant prosthetics.
- What are the issues to consider when choosing the implant restoration?
- Should you chooses cement or screw retained options?
This CE activity is supported by an educational grant from da Vinci Dental Studios and Nobel Biocare. Dr Maclean declares as having received an honorarium from Nobel Biocare.
Farran Media is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association
to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not
approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards
of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at
For any questions, please contact Howard Goldstein, DMD, Director of Continuing Education at
Farran Media is a nationally approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2022.
Provider ID# 304396
This activity meets the educational criteria required for verifiable Continuing Professional Development under the General Dental Council Lifelong Learning scheme and represents 2 hours of verifiable CPD.
The CE provider (Farran Media) uses reasonable care in selecting and
providing content that is accurate. The CE provider, however, does not
independently verify the content or materials. The CE provider does not
represent that the instructional materials are error-free or that the content
or materials are comprehensive. Any opinions expressed in the materials are
those of the author of the materials and not the CE provider. Completing one or
more continuing education courses does not provide sufficient information to
qualify the participant as an expert in the field related to the course topic
or in any specific technique or procedure. The instructional materials are
intended to supplement, but are not a substitute for, the knowledge, expertise,
skill and judgment of a trained health care professional.
Continuing education credits issued for completion of online CE courses may not apply toward
license renewal in all licensing jurisdictions. It is the responsibility of each registrant
to verify the CE requirements of his/her licensing or regulatory agency.
State CE Requirements:
for CE requirements by state. Please note that this information is current as of the time of listing. This information is subject to change at any time from the state boards. For the most up-to-date information, please contact your state board directly.
There are no refunds for Online CE courses. Please contact technical support if you run into technical difficulty.
For any questions, please contact Howard Goldstein, DMD, Director of Continuing Education