Facebook now has 800 million users,1 including more than 60 percent of active online
U.S. consumers2 spending an average of seven hours a month on the site.3 These figures
emphasize the power of social media to create interactive dialogue.
Running a dental office and actively engaging with patients on Facebook can be challenging
without support. To lend a helpful hand, we’re offering 52 weeks of Facebook dental
posts for your practice. You can use these posts to start or enhance the conversation with
your patients online. Remember to personalize each Facebook post and include a link,
photo or video to support the topic!
- If you knock out a tooth, here are steps that might help ensure [practice name] can save
your smile: 1) don’t touch the root of the tooth, 2) rinse it off with milk if dirty, 3) keep it moist by dropping it into a glass of milk and 4) get to our office quickly. Have you
ever knocked out a tooth? Tell us your story.
- January 24 is Parent’s Day. Dr. [name] would like to thank his/her parents for all they
have done. Tell us why you are thankful for your parents.
- According to the Academy of General Dentistry, the average person only brushes 45 to
70 seconds a day.4 [Practice name] recommends two to three minutes per day. How
much time do you spending brushing your teeth each day?
- Teeth have many layers and components including __________. Choose one: a)
Nerves b) Muscles c) Veins d) Joints
- Join us today for our fourth annual [practice name] blood drive. We donate because we
believe it’s the right thing to do. Why do you give blood?
- [Practice name] supports the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. With your help, we have
helped the foundation raise more than $[x].
- Today is National Toothache Day. Celebrate St. Apollonia, the patroness of dentists. If
you have a toothache, be sure to give us a call at [phone number]. We can help!
- It’s Valentine’s Day. The average woman smiles approximately 62 times a day compared to
men who only smile eight times a day.5 Guys, will you remember to smile at your lady today?
- Dr. [name] just got a haircut. What do you think of the new style?
- Congratulations to our patient(s), [name(s)], on opening their new shop in town at
[location/address]. Can’t wait to stop by and check things out!
- Celebrate National Children’s Dental Health Month in February. We are giving away
a $100 gift card to Toys “R” Us. Tell us how your children take care of their dental
health and you could win.
- [Practice name] tip of the day: Leave a toothbrush at work in your desk so you can
brush your teeth after lunch. What’s your favorite way to keep your mouth feeling fresh
during the day?
- Check out our page on RealSelf.com at [insert direct RealSelf.com practice profile link]
to see what the discussion is all about as it relates to cosmetic treatments.
- “A laugh is a smile that bursts.” – Mary H. Waldrip
- February 28 is National Tooth Fairy Day. Losing baby teeth can be traumatic. There
isn’t much that can make it better than the smiling, caring Tooth Fairy! What do you
think the Tooth Fairy looks like?
- Guess whose [practice name] team member smile this is? [Include a picture of a team
- Did you know we have a mobile-enabled Web site? Check it out at [Web site address]
on your mobile phone to quickly get our doctor and team bios, map to our office,
important links or click to call our office.
- Have you flossed your teeth today?
- Today we are featuring our Team Member of the Month, [name], our [title]. [Name] has
worked in dentistry for more than 25 years and he/she ensures we always provide topquality
care and customer service to our patients. How have you interacted with [name]?
- Don’t forget! If you “Check In” at our office on Facebook, you could receive a $20
Starbucks gift card. Try it!
- Did you know we’re a TruDenta practice? We offer quick and painless examinations,
provide a diagnosis and actually show you the potential reason for your pain and other
symptoms including headaches, migraines, clenching, tinnitus, sensitive teeth and
more. Call us at [phone number] to schedule an appointment.
- April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month. Call our office at [phone number] to schedule
an oral cancer screening.
- We have QR codes up in our office. Check them out next time you are here and be
sure to scan them all. If you find the right one, you’ll be entered to win a $100 shopping
- Our [title], [name], just had a baby. Congrats to [name] on her/his new bundle of joy,
- For your convenience, our practice Web site now offers secure online payment options.
Just click the “Patient Log in” button on our Web site at [include direct link to patient
- Would you like to be the face of [practice name]? We’re producing a new TV commercial
and we are looking for a patient to be the face of our practice. Just submit a video
on our Facebook Fan page telling us why you’d be the best. Videos must be received
before [insert deadline].
- It’s Take Your Child to Work Day. Today Dr. [name]’s son/daughter is shadowing
his/her dad/mom in our office. He/she wants to be a dentist one day. What are you
doing on Take Your Child to Work Day?
- Would you rather have perfect: teeth, eyesight or hair? According to Glamour Beauty,
44 percent say teeth.6 [http://xr.com/5lqi]
- What’s the best joke you know? One that makes everyone smile. Post clean jokes only!
- What are you smiling about this weekend? According to a recent study, folks with big
smiles may actually live longer than those who don’t smile big.7 [http://xr.com/ywpw]
- Moms help with our homework. They cheer us on and fix our boo-boos. Moms can
also be our chauffeurs, our cooks, the ones who picks up after our messes and so much
more! [Practice name] wants to recognize one mom with a $100 gift certificate to
[name of spa]. Tell us why your mom deserves this day of pampering by [date] to win
(for your mom that is).
- We know our patients prefer different methods to help them remember their appointment.
For your convenience, we offer e-mail, SMS text and/or voice reminders (or all
three). You can even manage your preferences through our Web site at [provide direct
link to patient log in].
- We recommend that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet away from a toilet to avoid
airborne particles resulting from the flush.8 Where do you keep your toothbrush?
- Did you know Dr. [name] is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic
Dentists? AACD member professionals stay one step ahead of their peers by keeping
informed of market trends. They learn how the latest products and technologies benefit
the patient and support the twin concepts of responsible aesthetics and systemic oral
health. By selecting an AACD member dentist, you know your dental professional
cares enough to stay in the forefront of the cosmetic dentistry field so you receive the
most up-to-date and best care available.
- We are putting together care packages for overseas military. We’ll be including toothbrushes,
floss, toothpaste and more. If you’d like to include anything in our care packages,
please let us know.
- Today Dr. [name] and his/her spouse, [name], are celebrating [x] years of marriage.
Congratulations! Anyone else celebrating a birthday or anniversary this month?
- Has your experience with our office been great? Leave a review for us on Google! It only takes a minute and we greatly appreciate your feedback. [Link to Google Places listing.]
- Our office now offers a massaging chair, aromatherapy and warm towels during your
appointment. What do you think of that?
- Floss picks or traditional floss?
- Today is National Junk Food Day! Don’t forget to brush and floss your teeth and don’t
forget to wash away the junk food between your teeth.
- It’s Mick Jagger’s birthday. Mick Jagger has a diamond implanted in his tooth.
[http://xr.com/r3ka.] What do you think?
- Click “Like” if you brush your teeth after lunch!
- Thirty-three percent of Americans have untreated tooth decay.9 Schedule an appointment
today to help ensure you aren’t a statistic. Call us at [office number].
- In France, the Tooth Fairy is a mouse!
- We’re having a Web site scavenger hunt. Go to our site
at [Web site address] and find the answers to these four
questions: 1) Question One, 2) Question Two, 3)
Question Three, 4) Question Four. Send your answers to
us at [e-mail address] and you could win a $25 gift card.
- We are excited to announce that [practice name] was
awarded the Invisalign Premier Provider status for 2012,
making us one of the top Invisalign providers in the country!
- We use environmentally friendly methods and materials
wherever possible, while minimizing waste and energy.
Our toothbrushes are even made of recycled yogurt containers!
What do you do to stay environmentally friendly?
- It’s Halloween. We want to buy your candy! Our goal is to
collect 300 pounds. We’ll be accepting candy all week
long. One dollar per pound of unopened candy. We’ll be
sending all candy to service people overseas.
- This month, we are pleased to present [patient name] as our Smile of the Month. Visit
our blog to learn how her/his smile was transformed with Invisalign treatment and
porcelain veneers [link to on-site blog].
- 2012 is quickly coming to a close and so is your chance to use your remaining dental
insurance benefits! As a valued patient, we want you to get the most from your dental
care, but there are only a few months left before your current insurance benefits expire.
For any treatment you need that is not fully covered by your insurance, we offer
several payment plans through [insert available third-party financing options]. This
option offers you flexible monthly payments plans to fit your budget. Call us now to
book your appointment before 2013 arrives!
- Today is our 10th annual food drive. We are in need of pasta, cereal, peanut butter,
baby food, toilet paper, canned tomatoes and vegetables or anything you have that is
not perishable. Thank you for helping us feed our hungry neighbors.
- “All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth” was written by Donald Gardner in
1944. He asked his second grade class what they wanted for Christmas, and noticed
that almost all of the students had at least one front tooth missing as they answered in
a lisp. Gardner wrote the song in 30 minutes.10
- “Social Networks/Blogs Now Account for One in Every Four and a Half Minutes Online,” Nielsen, June 2010.
- “Facebook Users Average 7 hours a month in January as Digital Universe Expands,” Nielsen 2/16/2010.
- “How Do I Choose and Use a Toothbrush?” Academy of General Dentistry
- “Would You Rather: Have Perfect Teeth, Perfect Eyesight or Perfect Hair?” Glamour Beauty.
- “Life span may be as wide as your smile,” Los Angeles Times
- “Surveillance for Dental Caries, Dental Sealants, Tooth Retention, Edentulism and Enamel Fluorosis,” CDC, 2002
- “All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth,” Wikipedia