Podcast Episode #113: Building the Staff Managed Practice with Frank Curtin
Episode #113: Dentist Freedom Blueprint Podcast
Building the Staff Managed Practice with Frank Curtin
Frank Curtin is a master at helping small businesses take the next step. He has been involved in the financial lives of others since he was a child, and was doing tax returns at the early age of 12. In this episode, he shares with us some of the business lessons he has learned over his decades-long career.
He acknowledges that small business owners often need an outside perspective to make up for some of their shortcomings when it comes to business education. Many dentists know the technical details, but need to get better at leading a team. Frank gets into the weeds and outlines how to transform subpar employees into valuable, contributing members that take responsibility off your plate.
Frank draws on his experience as a project manager for environmental consulting firms and as a supply chain management consultant for IBM Global Services to help small businesses with their business strategies and business process modeling. He encourages businesses to focus on their core values to increase buy-in from the whole team.
- 6:15 – How Frank is taking ideas from IBM and applying them to small businesses.
- 11:00 – The power of delegation.
- 15:00 – Who ends up being a great client for Frank.
- 19:20 – Where young people should make their initial investments.
- 21:30 – How to tell whether employees are bad or just need structure.
- 30:50 – Why you need to take things back to your core values.
- 38:35 – What you should know about letting employees fail.
- 43:20 – Frank’s book recommendations.
Featured On The Show: